Post-doc – EU-Project automatic pollen monitoring
In the frame of the project SYLVA (https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding- tenders/opportunities/ portal/screen/myarea/ projects) we have an open position for our tasks in Workpackage 2: Innovations. SYLVA is a consortium of European scientist involved in providing online pollen flight information to stakeholders (patients, medical doctors etc.) by using automation, artificial intelligence and the appropriate network infrastructure. Proof of principle was already provided (i.e. the systems are working), SYLVA will bring the field into the next level: novel and better data, easier data exchange and improving the useability for stakeholders.
- Assist in building the IT-Infrastructure for an European network of automatic pollen monitors (central database)
- Generate training and test sets of pollen images to be able to test the performance of novel pollen recognition algorithms
- Design the ability to re-analyse older data with new algorithms
- Collecting environmental samples for eDNA analysis (bacteria, pollen, molds…)
- Improve existing algorithm for pollen recognition and integrate the data in pollen prediction models
- Assist in installing a monitoring site in an Alpine location (Zugspitze)
- PhD in a related subject (environment, air quality, biology, physics, IT, etc.)
- Interest in IT, biology (pollen) and human health
- IT knowledge in data evaluation (R, Python,...)
- Flexibility and perseverance
- A diversity of scientifically challenging topics in a modern, well equipped institution
- Support by a team of knowledgeable colleagues
- Possibilities of internal and external further education
- Working in the center of Munich, Germany with good public transport connections. Job tickets are available.
- Beside the legal required support, additional financial support for your pension
Please submit your complete application documents by 28.2.2023 the latest by e-mail including your preferred starting date.
Prof. Dr. J. Buters
ZAUM-Zentrum Allergie & Umwelt
If the candidates’ suitability for the position in question is equal, severely disabled applicants shall be given preference. Interview-related costs can, unfortunately, not be reimbursed.